Here is the original THM FB post for it: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152036145069673&set=gm.555898607816628&type=1
I can't tell you how delicious this dish is! My fam asks for it regularly, and I know better than to not make extra for lunch the next day! Braised cabbage is delicious and full of sulfurous goodness. The convergent flavors of this dish are delightful to my foodie palate. Enjoy!
Praise the Lord for Diana Rodbourn and her Eggroll in a Bowl recipe! Here is a tweaked version of it, as made in my kitchen. :-)
|Egg Roll in a Bowl (S)|
EGGROLL IN A BOWL
By Diana Rodbourn
(S on THM)
Same great taste you get in an eggroll, minus the deep fried wrapper!
Makes 4 Servings
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 lb. ground turkey sausage, or ground pork
6 cups finely sliced cabbage- a combo of regular green & purple (about 1 medium head)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
2 green onion stalks, finely chopped
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or ginger powder
¼ cup Bragg’s Aminos or coconut aminos or (if you have to) soy sauce
Salt and black pepper to taste
Optional: 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes adds a nice kick!
- Brown the meat in large frying pan (a wok or iron skillet works well!) until fully cooked.
- Turn heat to medium-high and add chopped onion (not the green onions yet) and sesame oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, ginger and coconut aminos and add to pan, and then immediately add the sliced cabbage and stir.
- Cook for a few minutes, stirring often, so that it doesn’t burn and so all cabbage slightly wilts and reduces in size.
- Then add shredded carrots and cook for another few minutes.
- Turn off heat, add chopped green onions, salt and black pepper to taste, stir one last time and serve warm.