Saturday, June 30, 2012

i never knew you

"Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down , and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them , I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." -Matthew 7:17-23

I can't understand the spiritual audacity of people who use the name of God to excuse living lives of sin, wickedness, and iniquity. I try to wrap my head around it, and I can't. I want to yell and scream and cry and grieve for the state of the Church. The state of decay of the believers I know is disconcerting. And I know how we got here.

We have not sought the face of God.

We have not practiced "perseverance of the saints."

We have not worked out our faith.

We Christians are supposed to be running a race towards the mark of the HIGH CALLING of Christ. The Olympic trails have been running on tv all week. I see the track and field athletes, and hear their stories of dedication and sacrifice.

We as the Church are going to have to experience so much purification if Jesus is going to come back any time soon!

In the above passage, Jesus was speaking to the multitudes and specifically to His disciples. He was talking to the people who were closest to Him.

I want to be one of those whose ears are open and heart is set to obey.

I don't want my life's works to be burnt up. If "wonderful works" can be counted as naught, that is a serious deal to consider.
Seriously.

"Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." -Philippians 2:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails