Saturday, September 18, 2010

this is your life

So, I spent some time over the last day and figured out how to transfer old blog posts from my journal blog over into my new "public consumption" blog. It was worked nicely! I also uploaded some of the pics we took on the NOLA trip. They turned out CUTE! :-D

This week, in between studying patches, I found a new dating/introduction site, serving Christians wanting to meet and marry other Christians. It is called Marry Well and was listed on No Greater Joy's "Preparing to Be His Helpmeet" webpage as well as HSA. The folks behind Boundless are involved in it. Should be interesting.

I have spent the day doing insurance wage verifications (for the Odoms), payroll taxes, and studying. This evening we are having the family birthday dinner at Carrabbas. It should be fun (let's see if everyone will come!).

I found this hymn on Elizabeth Elliot's website today. Loved it!
Anna L. Waring in 1850:
Father, I know that all my life
Is portioned out for me,
And the changes that are sure to come
I do not fear to see;
I ask Thee for a present mind,
Intent on pleasing Thee.

I would not have the restless will
That hurries to and fro,
Seeking for some great thing to do
Or secret thing to know;
I would be treated as a child
And guided where I go.
Wherever in the world I am,
In whatsoever estate,
I have a fellowship with hearts
To keep and cultivate.



Pics from the evening...













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails