Sunday, September 26, 2010

Jesus in my heart

I always loved this painting by Warren Sellman. He is said to have been inspired to do this painting back in the mid 1900s by the passage found in Revelations 3:20, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hears my voice, open the door." 

When I was a kid, I understood the concept of Jesus obeying His Father to die on the cross to save us from sin. Mark 14:36, ""Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will." Later on, I understood what Jesus meant when He told the disciples that He had to go back to heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father, and that He would send the Holy Spirit to be with them..."But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you" John 14:26. 

I was reminded today of the import of the theology of the Triune God. Its first mention is in Genesis 1:26, "Then God said, 'Let us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness." Jesus knocked on my heart's door as a small child. He opened the way to The Way. While I am here on earth, the Holy Spirit has been helping and teaching me. When I get to heaven, Jesus will be sitting at the right hand of the Father. 

Every day, my students ask me questions about God and our relationship with Him through Jesus. In January 2009 as a New Year's resolution, I promised the Lord that I would witness for Him every day. I never get tired of telling it. I'll tell it again and again, as long as I have breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails