Thursday, May 27, 2010

no dough, no brains

Sometimes I could figuratively shoot myself. I have been so busy this past month that I forgot to pull a paycheck...for five weeks! Several days ago, I had Mom deposit a small bakery paycheck, and just now discovered that what she deposited is all the $ that is in that checking account...my personal account. Erghhh. I have got to get better at this.

Well. Finally. This school year is at an end. With 29 seniors walking the proverbial aisle of commencement, I have had my hands full all year. Like for instance, I didn't get the group photo shoot scheduled until the Sunday before graduation. Yikes. I felt so behind the ball the whole semester, but it all turned out FAB! I asked Gabrielle to help me so that she could spin her special effects on her pics; she did great! A little sidenote...it had been pouring rain for four days. I couldn't put the shoot off any longer, because if I did, I wouldn't have time to develop them before graduation. So I bit the bullet and stayed on track. As we were driving out to Ft. Pickens (a looong hour), low and behold the rain ceased, the clouds parted, and the SUN shown right behind where we were shooting. :-D Talk about God's answer to my prayer. I couldn't have asked for better!


This year was especially tiring somehow. I taught more students than ever before, AND a comp writing class of 14 (yep, that calculates to SEVERAL HUNDRED PAPERS TO GRADE!!!). Tricia and I also shared the Gospel more this year than ever before. Some days, I would counsel, preach, admonish, exhort, and pray with 8-10 students...and come home exhausted! Needless to say, I am tuckered out after nine months of solid-no-rest missionary work. This weekend (sans wedding cake, PTL), I plan on resting and trying to sleep in. I still have things to do (diplomas to sign, books to sign, checks to write, bills to pay) but the main push is done. I have two weeks "off" and then back to a regular schedule of appointments and summer tutoring.

Yesterday was the annual CIAS Tubing trip down Coldwater River at Adventures Unlimited in Milton. We had 40 or so kiddos and several parents with us. And I am getting a kayak next year. This six-foot chunky girl does NOT fit into a tube anymore (did I ever?!?). The kids had a blast. I am glad, because it was not too much fun for me. A dozen or so FB-ed that it was the best day they had ever had. Not sure why, except that Jesus blessed our efforts.

Corrie Lynn is growing like a weed. On her 1st birthday/Easter, I took her to Penny's for another photo shoot. The photog was young and incompetent and let all the cute poses that we set up slip by uncaptured, but what could we do. I want to try something less "studio" and more candid next time. Maybe at 18 months I'll get Monica to shoot her pics. CL is a hoot. We don't get to see her often enough (once every two weeks or so) because...but we can't help it!

Need to get some ice water before hitting the sack. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails