Friday, October 28, 2011

occupy wall street

I wonder how few of the Occupy Wall Street, and for that matter, the Occupy Pensacola protesters have jobs, have mortgages, pay taxes, and contribute to the economy that they are protesting?!?

Yes, the economy is in dire straits, and every one of us is stretching our money, but some of us have been doing this for YEARS! Revolting in the streets is not the way to expedite change! Dope-smoking and defecating in the streets will NOT influence politicians, nor will it effect positive change for our country. Wasn't that what the last election was supposed to do...HOPE for CHANGE?!?  It reminds me of Job 15:31. "Let him not trust in emptiness, deceiving himself; for emptiness will be his reward."

Well, they hoped and trusted, and they got their change. But they don't like the taste of it. Not that voting helps either. I have voted for years and typically have not failed to be disappointed in every politician that takes office. I remember the "Young Republicans" that swept Washington back in 1994. We conservatives were so hopeful that they would fulfill their campaign promises. Take Joe Scarborough as a prime example...yeah. Nuff said. Oh, excepting J. C. Watts; I haven't lost my respect for him. Not yet.

Our country needs to change. Our government has been bought. It is corrupted with greed and power and the love of money. So what's to be done? We must continue to live life, and NOT cop out. Work hard. Save and invest wisely. Tighten the proverbial belt. And most importantly, trust GOD.

No, I am not one of the 99% either. I work as hard as the next guy. Harder, really. But my trust and hope is the LORD, not in the politicians in D.C. Not in the money-men in Wall Street. Not in the world economic markets, oil barrel prices, nor in the almighty dollar. "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You, For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalm 9:10.

We will not be forsaken. We will not be begging for bread. Psalm 37:25 reminds us, "I have been young and now I am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his descendants begging bread."

There is no need for angst or anger. GOD is in control!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails