Monday, September 12, 2011

remembering

This weekend was the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the NYC World Trade Center towers. I remember that morning. I had gone to work at CIAS early that morning; I can't quite remember why now. But around ten minutes after the first tower was struck, Grace Dove called and told us to tune in. By a fluke, our unit at that time was wired for Cable, so we hooked up one of our little tv's and turned on the coverage, minutes before the second plane hit the South Tower. I remember watching the attack unfold in disbelief, along with my students and Tricia. And then the North Tower fell. Oh, my. I recollect the horror that filled me. The disbelief.

I was thinking about all the people being plunged into eternity. God rest their souls and bless the rescue workers that perished and will still continue to die from the ill effects of their efforts. This day changed the course of American history. I hope that all my students, at the time, will not forget that day. I felt privileged to have been able to witness it WHILE it happened. It is burned into my mind and heart and memory forever!

We will never forget 9/11!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails