Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Daybook

Outside my window...
A little bird rustles around in the oak leaves. I know there are plenty of worms out there.

I am listening to...
Renee Olstead's new CD, "Skylark," and my former student Chris Stanton's new worship CD, "The Great Unknown." Both phenom!

I am wearing...
A cute yellow tank with giant buttons on the straps and blue jersey capris

I am thankful for...
My family, salvation, safety and protection, being able to pay my bills, good days at school with my students, a little break to catch up with life in general.

I am pondering...
What being an American means, getting married, cleaning my room. :-P

I am reading...
Just finished Cindy Woodsmall's The Bridge of Peace. Reading two textbooks. Going to start The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows tomorrow.

From the kitchen...
Tonight I cooked hamburger steaks with fresh baby portobella mushroom gravy, baked potatoes, and a wonderful chef salad (that Mom helped me with!).

I am creating... 
A Power Point presentation for a book report that I am doing for my special ed class...it's about siblings of autistic people.

Toward a Living Education...
This week I have learned how to treat sooty mold that is currently harming my lemon trees. I have also looked up info about various Young Living essential oils to learn more about which ones could help us to live better.

Beauty in the Home...
I have been in a cleaning streak...closets, cabinets, fridge, laundry. The laundry room and back porch are next! I am still looking for a nice fall wreath for the front door...and maybe a pumpkin for the front "stoop."

The Church...
I am not attending anywhere regularly right now. I am enjoy various podcasts though.

I am hoping and praying...
For salvation for a dear family member, for my future husband, for the peace of Jerusalem, and for grace and strength and peace and energy for each new day.

In the garden...
Nothing is blooming right now...it needs to be weeded. There is one hydrangea bloom still hanging on at school. I need to finished filling in one end of the old fish pond and create a small flower garden there with a new smaller pond. Too much to do there.

One of my favorite things...
Coffee on these cool autumn mornings! My dog waiting outside my bedroom door each morning. Hearing God speak to me in the word each day, calming my anxious heart and teaching me His ways.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
A few?  Hmmm...lunch with my older sister Cori (maybe some Thai coconut lime soup with tofu and mushrooms), finish an editing project for school, finish a book report, study for a literature test, get the laundry room cleaned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails