Sunday, July 11, 2010

published

http://ylcf.org/2010/07/single-minded-to-glorify-god/

I wrote an e-mail to YLCF awhile ago in response to their "Purposeful Singleness" series. Young single girls were writing articles about how hard it is to wait for God's will in marital issues. My thoughts were...when you are in your 20s, you have NO IDEA what being single is like, at least not until you get to the end of that decade!!! 

I was so full of ideas and thoughts when I was younger too...but NOTHING can prepare you for long-term singleness as much as developing a content and peaceful heart. That needed GRACE comes every day to walk out a life pleasing to our Lord and Savior!!!

It got me to thinking...most (not all) of the single women in my acquaintance and church life has been consumed with hanging out with their friends and attending one social event after another and one singles meeting after another. So many seem self-absorbed, or in need of a reality check. Women who live immorally, and then seek God's blessing on their lives and wonder why nothing seems to go right for them. 

Then on the other extreme I know women who stay at home and do nothing but play the roles of second-mothers to their siblings, fulfilling no obedience to the Great Commission or to that great unction in 1 Corinthians 7: "The unmarried woman cares for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married cares for the things of the world, how she may please her husband." The things of the Lord would be work in the Great Harvest of souls and being FAITHFUL to do the work God has called us to (whether it be ministering to our families or to others).

I have always felt almost alone with my sisters (in the local area churches) in our pursuit of holy singleness. Last week Gretchen e-mailed me back and asked if they could publish it. I have been published many times, but it has been several years now. :-)  I pray that many girls will be encouraged to pursue God's call on their lives, especially if their single hood is stretching out long!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails