Friday, November 28, 2014

today

It has not been a good day. I have experienced a gamut of emotions today...anticipatory, prepared, excited, anxious, irritated, angered, pissed, hurt, marginalized, unloved, and criticized, plus a few more. I have laughed, and I have cried. I put time and effort into creating a Thanksgiving to remember, but few even cared to show up or spend time. I never thought the holidays could ever be this painful; when I was growing up, I thought that Thanksgiving could only get better and better as we added in-laws to the mix. Well, it hasn't worked out that way. It's just been an awful day.

And I have faith and hope that God will work it all for good in my life. He had better. It is all too painful without that hope. Too overwhelming.

Now off to bury my emotion and watch one of my fav films, "Persuasion." I pray the rest of the week gets better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails