Monday, July 23, 2012

great peace have those

"Great peace have those who love Your law, And nothing causes them to stumble." -Psalm 119:165

I am getting a really HARD lesson in this in recent days, going through some spiritually trying circumstances and trials that could very well rend my soul, if God were not my Rock.

I know that I have asked the Lord to let me learn my lessons well. We had a saying in our house when I was growing up, something to the effect that we'd be "going around the mountain" until we were neck deep in a trench of learning lessons. As I have grown more mature in my faith, this is more lie than truth. I want to learn my lessons, so I can move on to learn others- going from "strength to strength." The fact that I am going through this again and again means that there is something in me that resists it, in some way, and God wants to rend it from my heart.

It hurts, Lord! Help to me forgive and rest in Your peace. Help me not to stumble and harbor bitterness. Help me to love YOU enough to love those who seek to hurt me as a result.

"He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you. But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God?"  -Micah 6:8
 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me." -Psalm 51:10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails