Saturday, April 7, 2012

Jesus is ALIVE!

Has anyone else seen the stage production of "The Thorn"?

WHOA!!!!

It is the Passion of Christ, told from Thomas' perspective, and his narration is quite lively and humorous!
But Jesus' beating and death is the most realistic of any that I've seen on stage, ever.

"What can wash away my sin?
Nothing but the blood of Jesus"

I have heard it said that Christianity is the ONLY religion whose God rose from the dead and is now alive. And His Word says that His Kingdom is among us, here on earth, being lived and worked out in and through us.

I am convicted that most times my life is small and petty, silly and peckish. And then I am reminded that being boldly faithful to live a peculiar life puts me in the company of a HOST of servants and saints who have lived and served the Lord for millennia. If I am His hands and feet, His voice of healing in a world of hurt, then I am doing my job. My *real* job.

We are in a war, a battle for the souls of humanity. The devil wants to steal, kill, and destroy. And as God's blood-bought sons and daughters, we don't truly grasp the rights that role gives us. In real life, I can think of innumerable instances with my own parents that my rights as their daughter came into play to benefit not only my life, but also theirs as well. And it brings a great responsibility too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails