Saturday, February 18, 2012

being real

I look across my house- at the college papers, tax preparation info, business-running clutter, and nieces' play toys- and I can't help but think of that verse in Proverbs 14:

"Where there are no oxen, the manger is empty, but from the strength of an ox comes an abundant harvest."

This was the verse that God used to assure Mom that it was okay to not have a "spit-polished home, 24/7" while we five were young and growing up.

As much as I hate clutter, there it is staring me in the face. I really am a clutterbug who hates clutter, I admit! I pick up, I clean, I pick up again, but it is never gone for long periods of time. And how it all accumulates, I do not know.

I wonder, what is it inside me that yearns for a clutter-free home?
Am I prideful?
Do I strive too hard to make things perfect in my life?
Do I worry too much about the "background behind a picture" or what people will think if a picture of it all is posted on FB?
Or is it as simple as wanting a clutterless home and a peaceful living environment?

I don't know at this point. I hope it is the latter reason, for it is the one with nothing to confess or repent for! I may never know...I just want to be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails