Sunday, June 12, 2011

not waiting

It has been months since I have blogged. There has been no need to scribble to vent, or to keep my sanity. It is well in tact, and I survived the ending of a busy school year! :-)

I read YLCF's article The Joy of Waiting tonight, all the while watching Jane Austen's "Persuasion" movie. I am not sure that is was a sane combination! :-) It is my favorite JA story plot, as I identify with Anne Elliot in some ways.

I couldn't help but respond. Waiting for God to write your love story when you are young does bring anticipation and “unbridled joy.” I enjoyed those years of preparing, learning skills, homemaking, and looking forward to one day being the queen of one man’s heart and home.

But I am now almost 36, and the wait is not so joyful anymore. It is more of a reticent and quiet acceptance of what is. And what is not. And being fruitful and busy and making the wait count for eternity.

As a wise king once said, “Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But desire fulfilled is a tree of life.” :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails