Thursday, March 17, 2011

Moon talking

I was driving back from school tonight with my moon roof open, observing things above and thinking about life.
How pretty that white ball was in the sky.
How my heart fills so incredibly full when I see and hold and love on my nieces.
To see them pucker up for kisses, their beautiful eyes gazing steadily into mine.
How blessed I am to be able to invest my life and witness into real heart soil.
How the petty dramas at school among hormonal pre-teens drive me crazy.
How I do not like to be disrespected or disobeyed.
Or hear "bully words" come out of my students' mouths.
How I love my dog Meg, even though she can be a pest sometimes.
How I like to pay off credit cards.
And put money aside for a rainy day.
How I always survive "Jonah days."
And get up the next morning with a fresh outlook on life.
How I am progressing down my bucket list quite nicely.
And am thankful for good health.
And a precious and sometimes trying family.
How laziness and apathy irritate me.
And a good book is a rare but delicious treat.
How much I hate to do laundry.
And need a maid to clean my house.
How much I love the book of Psalms.
David is my hero. He survived victoriously.
How much I enjoy concerts.
And do not attend nearly as many as I would like.
How I love to learn.
And hate to study.
How the Lord teaches me patience as I am never able to get everything done that I need to do.
But enough to be obedient to my calling and purpose.
How my heart hurts for those who are hurt, seeing them hurt others.
And angry at the devil for being the destroyer that he is.
I am thankful for the Holy Spirit to comfort and teach (John 14).
I will be glad when Jesus comes back.
And I get to see Daddy again.
And everything is finally perfect.
Moon talking.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails