Friday, January 7, 2011

resolutions for 2011

Each year, I think and pray and stew and think and pray some more about what I should do or become or change. I need to seek the Lord more for this new year. Until then...so far, I would like to accomplish the following in 2011:

1. Read my Bible every day.
I read my Bible pretty regularly, but not every day like I want to. So THAT is going to change.

2. Lose at least 20 pounds.
I know that I need ot lose more than that, but if I set accomplishable goals for myself, I know that I can and will accomplish them!

3. Redecorate my bedroom.
New wallpaper, a different furniture arrangement, an armchair, tv, a bed board and 2 lighted display cases/shelves for my "pretties."

4. Eliminate more clutter and "belonging build-up."
We have lived in our house over 20 years. That equals accumulating unneeded things/stuff/junk. I started to clean out closets and throw away in 2010, and I will continue into 2011. It is liberating!!! :-)

5. Get more active and exercise.
Tricia and I will purchase an exercise machine this year and will use the back porch-turned-exercise room after its remodel is finished. I also would like to go bowling more, as my sciatica is not giving me issues much anymore (thanks to Doc's prescription of cinnamon~ginger tea).

6. Spend more time with my precious nieces!
They are so adorable. I pray they come to know Jesus early and that they live for Him.

Enjoying the piano with Aunt Tisi...look at that grin!
Dancing around the menorah in her new tutu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails