Tuesday, November 2, 2010

come, let us worship and bow down

Martin Luther once said, "As long as we live, there is never enough singing."

I heartily agree. Too many people listen to music instead of singing themselves. Everywhere in my beloved Psalms are we reminded to praise and worship our glorious God... 

"Worship the LORD with reverence And rejoice with trembling."
"All the earth will worship You, And will sing praises to You; They will sing praises to Your name."
"Come, let us worship and bow down, Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker."
"I will give thanks to the LORD according to His righteousness And will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High."
"Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Zion; Declare among the peoples His deeds."
"I will sing to the LORD, Because He has dealt bountifully with me."
"Be exalted, O LORD, in Your strength; We will sing and praise Your power."
"Sing praises to God, sing praises; Sing praises to our King, sing praises."  


I remember days of being immersed in choirs and ensembles back in my early 20s...lifting my voice in unison with others who loved God and sought to worship Him in song. Life has moved on for me, so I don't have extra time for choir practices anymore. But I still love singing and praising Jesus on my own. Ain't no roicks crying out for me!!! :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails